Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 28 May 2012

Garden Colours.

The weather has been much the same as yesterday, fairly warm but overcast. I've been teaching all day and will be teaching for the whole week but next week is our half-term holiday so I can catch up on house and garden work then. There are a lot of white flowers in the garden at the moment. May blossom on the trees, snow-in-summer, white bluebells, roses and a white hardy geranium.
The London Pride looks almost white with the fluff of trapped willow seeds.


I am quite particular about the colour palette in the different parts of the garden and for the most part it is cool mauves, pinks and white though as usual I have chosen the most vibrant shades for the hanging baskets by the front door.



I am waiting to see if the flag iris will throw up some white flowers again. I am going to try and be a bit more organised this year and label some of the plants, especially the hardy geraniums because I am beginning to forget what colour some of them are.

It is so nice to have a big window right by my PC. Right now I, and the cats, are watching a pair of blackbirds on the back lawn and listening to a bird tweeting in the trees.

I've just visited this blog http://abritintn.blogspot.com/ on a recommendation from a fellow blogger and it is well worth a visit for garden beauty, poetry, music and peacefulness.

No comments: