Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 31 May 2012

Here Comes The Rain.

The rain returned this afternoon just as the children were going home. We are all keeping our fingers crossed for a dry tomorrow because having a Jubilee Pageant and picnic with 2 schools crammed into one hall will not be a lot of fun. I had another full teaching day. I organised a number of activities for my class to do and we were all surprised how the time flew by and it was suddenly lunchtime. Things went well because I had 2 teaching assistants so each activity had adult support. We had some excellent pictures drawn to complete half a line drawing of the Queen because the children kept being encouraged to check that their picture matched the printed side.
When I got home I popped outside to take a few rainy photos when something brown scuttled along a nearby flower bed. Then I saw it was not a rodent but a thrush and it had a slug. Normally this would have good news but I had to put down some slug pellets to protect the agapanthus I bought in the Scillies and the slug could have been toxic. When I tried to chase it off the bird did not fly away but ran around and eventually into a small conifer. I am wondering if it was a youngish bird because it did not look injured. I spent a while out in the rain trying to catch it so I could at least take it up to the fields away from my evil cats but so far have had no luck.

No comments: