Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 20 May 2012

Last Sunday

The weather has been quite nice today. Peter's knee was squishy in the morning which is a sign that he needs to rest it so no rowing or walk today. Instead we enjoyed the sun at home.I woke this morning with a sinus headache, yet again, but instead of lying in bed and suffering. (Only knock out tablets seem to have much effect.) I got up and steamed my head before using the spray my GP has given me. As I was up I put some washing in the machine, fed the hens, had a walk around the garden, got distracted and did more weeding, then listened to The Archers and hey presto I had forgotten about my headache. Then I got dressed!


I got a lot of outside work done today. I tackled the weeds that have appeared on the rocky bank including digging out most of the bracken that had escaped my previous attacks. There are a few left to remove, including the one sticking out of some geraniums right in the middle of the picture, but that bank is nearly under control. It is quite steep and it gets difficult to spot the weeds when the geraniums are in their summer growth and covered with pink, purple & blue flowers. Next I got all the grass cut. Peter was unable to do it, as promised, because of his knee but instead he marinaded and barbecued some belly pork served with various salads.

No comments: