Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 28 January 2023

A Camera Day.

Sunny in the morning, clouding over in the afternoon.
It feels like the whole day has been taken up with the new camera. I charged the battery up yesterday but I needed to download the handbook and look at a number of videos on Youtube before I felt ready to start taking photos. I thought I had a major problem to start with when I couldn't find a dial to adjust the focus of the viewfinder. Turns out it's under the viewfinder rather than at the side as in most other cameras. The problem I do have is that I can't find the USB cable. It was there when we unpacked the camera at Currys and I'm sure I brought it home but maybe I didn't. I'll give them a ring tomorrow to check. In the meantime I've searched everywhere inculding under furniture as Speedy likes flicking pens and wires around but all to no avail. Peter has found me an alternative cable and I'm going to take the photos off the memory card anyway. When I managed to stop the tracking square from whizzing about in the viewfinder I went out and took some photos to compare with the final photos taken with the Nikon. 
Above - taken with the Nikon at maximum optical zoom and below the same view taken with the Canon. (A different light as it took a while to set up the Canon.)
Canon zoomed in even more,
and at maximum optical zoom.

Above - maximum zoom on the Nikon of the far end of the village and Aberdyfi beyond.
Same view taken with the Canon,
and below, maximum zoom. Aberdyfi, on the hillside is five and a half miles away.
This is a promotory right across the bay but as I'm still not sure which it is on the map I can't give at a distance.
Overall I'm very happy with the new camera. I've already lengthened the strap as I like to have the camera slung behind me on my hip. That does mean I have to pick it up before I sit down on the ground so that I don't knock the camera.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Nice zoom. That is the only thing I don't like about my phone camera - not a good zoom but it is the only camera I have.