Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 15 January 2023

Holiday Memories.

This morning the wind was churning up the sea into froth again. 
With the prospect of showers, which sure enough we had, I didn't fancy the idea of a riverside walk on the far side of Aber. Instead I carried on cleaning the kitchen. Today I began working my way around the top cupboards. When we did the kitchen design one thing I was insistent on was not having a space between the top of the high cupboards and the ceiling so the gap which can be a difficult spot to clean is closed off. That also worked to hide the ventilation pipe from the extractor hood.
Cleaning done I spent some time going over the work we did in last week's Zoom class as using a mix of the past tense of to go, to have and to do which I can manage one at a time but mixing them up gets me all confused. 
Then part of our homework this week is to find a photo of ourself on holiday and write notes to help to speak about the photo in class. Simply finding a photo is proving a problem. Apart from having had only a few holidays over the last twenty years  there are almost no photos of me as I'm the one who takes the photos. And there's a technical issue, how do you show a photo in a zoom class? I'm guessing the best way is with an old-style photo which can be held up to the screen. For that I'll have to go back to the days before children. Well over thirty years ago. I do have some photos of me on different horses while on holiday as those were the only occasions I got Peter to take my photo.

As I searched for holiday photos I couldn't resist looking through the photos from our last holiday which was to Lundy back in 2016. The photos took me right back to that wonderful place. I can't believe the colour of the sea and the grandeur of the scenery on just 31/2 miles of rocky island so I thought I'd share them once more. (Not all 340 of them though.)

I made a point of climbing up to the top of the lighthouse every morning for the fantastic views. The white cottage below is where we stayed six years previously.

Gentle giants.
I came up with the idea of photographing one of the photos in one of my many albums using my kindle so that I can hold up a bigger picture to the web cam for class but that had its own problems. I could take a photo but couldn't see it without setting up an account in the cloud which seems a bit excessive. Eventually after looking through a number of forums (I'm not the only one) I discovered that you just have to touch an unmarked corner of the screen and hey presto there are the photos. ......... Just done all that but can't get a sharp photo so I'll have to hold up a whole album page. Now all I have to do is write up some past tense sentences about our holiday on Jersey in 1982.
 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Nice to take a look back with you. :)