Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 13 January 2023

Windy.

A strong south-westerly has been blowing all day but no rain fell. (Update, It's now 10.00 and the rain has set in once more.)
Yesterday I read on a local FB page that our doctor's surgery may/will be closing. They have been trying for a couple of years to find a doctor to replace the senior doctor who needs to retire and so far the search has been unsucessful. There's a national shortage of doctors but I wonder if it is also to do with the limited availability of houses both for sale and to rent in this area and the consequentially very high prices. Whatever the case it will be a real shame not to have a surgery in walking distance. Today I rang and made an appointment as I have a couple of small issues that I've been meaning to sort out for a while. I rang at 10.00 and was offered an appointment at 3.00. How's that for convenience? I didn't see the doctor but another member of the team who was able to prescribe me antihistamine drops to try for my eye and arrange for the doctor to phone me next week to talk about my beta blockers which is fine by me.

Before I walked down to the surgery I cleared out another of the kitchen cupboards. This time it was a corner cupboard which Tardis like was filled with  a vast amount of kitchen equipment. That included a set of expensive stainless steel saucepans which have always been too heavy for Peter to use. I'm thinking of getting rid of them as just how many saucepans do we need? 


I went down onto the beach on my way home but didn't spend long as the sun was already dropping and it was getting a lot colder. There were three kite surfers who had been there all afternoon whizzing about on about 12 inches of water.
 

No comments: