Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 21 January 2023

A Town Day.

We've had a crisp dry day again with no wind. A cloudbank to the north of us was turned a deep shade of pink by the rising sun but fortunately it stayed where it was and any rain must have fallen over the Llyn Penninsula. The early morning sun also reflected from a number of buildings across the bay turning them into bright orange beacons.
I spent the afternoon in town going to both of the supermarkets and a number of other shops too. I called in at Charlie's and bought some seeds for next year's vegetable growing, spaghetti squash and bush cherry tomatoes. And then ..... I may have bought my camera. I say may because I went into Curry's where they were happy to take payment and assured me the camera will be in store in 3-5 days. However after what Jessop's told Peter I'm not holding out a lot of hope. But it was worth taking a chance.
In town I came across a parade celebrating St Dwynwen's Day. [d-ween-when] which is on the 25th of January. She was a princess who having been unable to marry the man she loved became a nun and is the Welsh saint of lovers.
I called in at the phone shop for assistance with setting up my phone but they weren't a lot of help. All the chap would do was put the sim card in. Then he tells me the set up guide is all on the phone. Fine if you know about phones but I didn't even know how to turn the thing on. Six more days before I decide if I'll keep the phone or just not bother and get Peter to cancel the contract.
After that only minimally helpful stop I took myself over to Pwdin and exchanged my voucher for some yummy looking brownies. I had one when I came home and it was delicious. Another positive result was ordering a wood frame for the oyster catcher print. I'd called in at Driftwood where they sell very nice cards and framed prints but not the frames only. The girl there directed me to the old market building which has a number of independent traders in tiny spaces including a frame shop where you can get frames made to order. I chose the lightest wood to fit in with the beachy feel of this place but will have to wait a while for it to be made. 
Back home I had a coffee and brownie, did some knitting and then got on with some Duo Lingo before supper.
 

Mount Snowdon seen from Borth - photo by Chris Denny.

No comments: