Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 10 January 2023

More or Less.

More rain and less wind today. (More or Less the informative radio programme that fact checks the numbers 'quoted' by others returns tomorrow.) 
Too wet to do anything but continue cleaning the contents of cupboards helped of course by Speedy. The cleaning part was easy if tedious but harder was getting everything to fit back in without it all being piled up precariously. Several times I thought I'd made a good job of it only to find yet another item that needed to be put away.  
While I'm sorting stuff I tend to have this quote of William Morris in my mind but as I look at it now I think he's left out memories and dreams. How about those items that may not have artistic beauty but bring to mind loved people, places and times? As I look around my study I can see a cloth Eeyore and immediately think of my mother bringing it for her first grandchild, Vytas and Sally's wedding photo, more photos of me on some of the horses that were such a big part of my life and a pair of glass earrings that remind me of St Ives my childhood home and honeymoon and holiday destination. Admittedly I also have a few things that fall into the 'cute' category which are either a sign of immaturity or advancing senility. As for dreams, should we not be allowed to have visual promts that take us to the realms of imagination or in my case JRR Tolkien's immagination? I discovered Middle Earth in my teens, was entranced by Peter Jackson's work (though disappointed by the Disney influence over the hobbit films) and get great pleasure from the few LOTR related items about the place.
Speedy is reminding me that it's feeding time by poking at the biros on the desk top so I better get him his supper before everything ends up on the floor.

 

No comments: