Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 11 January 2023

Stormy.

The morning's blue skies soon turned to grey with strong winds whipping up the sea into a mass of white froth. Heavy rain arrived midmorning and it's been raining on and off ever since. So not worth going to the zoo this week.
Last night at Pilates our teacher pointed out that it had been a month since our last class and we would probably be aching the next day. And while not exactly aching today I could feel the effect of all that exercise. I'd kept up the hamstring stretches but been lax with the rest. It felt good to have a workout even if it isn't the energetic class I was used to. At one point I was lying on my back, looked up and saw a (helium balloon) dinosaur floating under the high ceiling, that made me smile.
Since I wasn't going to the zoo today I got on with emptying and cleaning cupboards in the kitchen. That's mostly wiping down the shelves and drawers as everything else is cleaned regularly. 
Later I went through my collection of LOTR posters to see which I wanted to keep. Sadly none of them are suitable for the frames I bought in town the other day and I've decided to re-home all bar a panoramic one of the oliphants in battle which I've stuck up on the wall above my pc. I'm more interested now in locations and set designs rather than individual characters and film promo posters.



 

No comments: