Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 27 January 2023

Chilly.

Sort of a wintry grey day today.
For me it was a town day which began with a visit to the dentist. This was only for a check up but as I had spotted already a small filling on the side of a tooth had fallen out and needs replacing. I tried to persuade the dentist to do it there and then but there wasn't enough time. So that's booked for next week, paid for in advance as is an appointment with the hygienist in May. That all came to nearly £300, ouch!
After that there was no option to head to Pwdin which is only a few doors along from the dentist. To further my Welsh language skills I had no choice but to buy two chocolate brownies. I'm so proud of my converstion which went like this (in Welsh of course.) "Good morning. May I have two cakes please? ......... May I have one with white chocolate and one with brown chocolate? ......... May I pay by card. ....... Thank-you." You might notice the similar word pattern there but I was on a roll. It had to be two brownies because then I got to use the feminine version of 2 and 3 mutations . Well worth all the calories. I'm not too sure what all the other half of the conversation was but at least it was a conversation in Welsh something I'm usually far too shy to initiate. 
I checked out a few of the charity shops and came across this Babar book with an inscription dated 1982. These books take me right back to my childhood. The cover was in French and I thought I might see how far I could get with my limited French skills but inside it was in Welsh which will be just as useful.
I did a little food shopping and saving the best till last went into Currys where my camera was waiting for me. After hearing from Jessops (why do the shops' names not have an apostrophe when clearly there should be?) I was still doubtful if they would have it but there it was. I haven't taken any photos yet as by the time the battery was charged up the sun was almost gone. Can't wait until tomorrow.
We can't quite see the sunset from here yet but this evening the setting sun bathed the village and the mountains behind in a beautiful golden light.



 

No comments: