Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 3 January 2023

Wet.

A low pressure system brought grey skies, flat seas and plenty of rain. There's a yellow weather warning for rain and possible flooding from this evening. When I checked the Met Office page I see there's also the possibility of another very cold spell soon.
Today Peter and I, okay mostly Peter, put up a narrow shelf in my study above my desk. Drilling into the wall proved to be a challenge as it was originally the outer wall of the bungalow. Peter had to drill 9 holes in the wall, some were worryingly easy but most needed the extra large hammer drill. That thing is so heavy I can just about carry it but would not be able to actually use it. Once I'd cleaned up (the hammer drill throws dust everywhere even with a plastic bag taped to the wall) I dabbed some white Hammerite on the brass screw heads and gave the shelf a final coat of white.
Ha, just touched it and the quick drying paint has lived up to its name but I'll wait until I've had a sort out before posting a photo.
Doing the shelf took up quite a while so for the house blitz I only cleaned all the things on the window sill by the table, the sill and window frame and the table. Being an old wooden table the legs have to be wiped with mildew cleaner every now and again.
This made me laugh.

This doesn't.
I know I've expressed these views already but not only does the current situation make me cross I'm terrified that the Tories will succeed in destroying the NHS. All I can do is try and share the information and raise awareness.
I too clapped for the healthworkers (which included many of my neighbours) every Thursday night and I know that it made them feel valued but I sadly suspect this was engineered as a cost free way of raising people's spirits.


 

No comments: