Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 22 April 2023

Sunny Start.

The day began in true Borthbados style, blue skies and warm air but by mid-day (when I remembered to take a photo) the clouds were rolling in and by the time Peter had gone out to row we had the first light shower.
Much as I wanted to get straight out to the garden I got the household jobs done first. If I left them until after gardening they would never get done. I also replaced the garden cane which the Rohan flag was hanging from with a piece of dowel but unfortunately the dowel is too large for the holes in two LOTR banners I have. So the one for the hall is hung from another bit of garden cane until I can find something better. The light blue banner is  now hanging next to the bookcase. We put it high up at first but then I decided it looked better lower down and moved the hook down.
Finally I was able to get outside. Just pottering around today, moving plants in the back garden and moving some seedlings and small plants to this empty corner by the lawn. It's not a permanent planting so I just put in anything I could find to fill the space this year; ornamental grasses, fennel, feverfew, linium and welsh poppies. Once the raised bed under the terrace is done I shall begin diamantling the wall that runs across the garden and using those bricks in front of the other new raised beds.
Peter went off to row, or rather to cox, in the afternoon and I put my feet up as my back isn't too good today. 

Sunset yesterday.



 

No comments: