Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 5 April 2023

Wet.

Grey, wet and cold today.
Even the holidaymakers avoided the beach today. We did see hardy walkers, clad in full waterproofs walking along the coast path this morning and of course there were a few dog walkers on the beach. (The dog ban comes into force at the end of the month.)
I think Peter has given up with his saw, a chop saw not a circular saw as I thought, for the time being. Instead he cut the shelf uprights using a jigsaw. I persauded him to only do half of the uprights today as I could see it was putting a strain on his hands which are affected by arthritis. Hopefully he'll be okay to do the rest tomorrow, if not I'll do them. Once the cutting was done I sanded the cut ends and applied the final coat of paint.
As well as the usual Duo Lingo I did some piano practice and for the first time in a while guitar practise as well. I've been feeling guilty at leaving the guitar for such a long time as I know full well that even a short practice every day will result in eventual progress. 
I also made a bara brith for Peter. I didn't mean it but I now have enough useful Welsh to be able to say - Where are the bookshelves? No shelves, no cake. Other useful phrases in my repertoire are - He's paying, and May I have a coffee and a piece of chocolate cake? No problems in remembering those.

 

No comments: