Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 4 April 2023

Sunny.

Lots of sun again today though with a nip in the air. 
It was a clear night, so cold that in the morning I had to go round wiping off the condensation from the bottom of the windows.
It was nice enough that I could have ridden my bike to the zoo instead of driving but after yesterday's mowing I didn't feel up to cycling. Also I didn't think the cold air would be good for the cough which I still have. The cough is almost gone but from childhood any cold that I had tended to 'go to my chest' as they say and I've often coughed my way through whole winters so I'm being careful.
At the zoo many of the animals were sleeping in the warm sun despite the many families and excited children roaming around. Today I brought some mint and lemon balm to plant alongside a couple of the paths. The ground next to the concrete paths is damp which is ideal for mint and once it's established people brushing past should release the lovely scent. I got the last of the buddelias cut back and as I worked I was watched from across the small play area by the goats. They obviously remembered that last week I gave them buddelias even though those came from the opposite side of the zoo.
I had a nice moment with Buddy the Shetland pony. I never give the ponies treats so they don't nip at my hands. Instead I held my hand to his nose for a while and then gave him a long scratch on the forehead while he dozed off.
Back home I did my Duo Lingo and then spent some time doing my crochet outside. Plenty of families down on the beach and of course children playing in the water. Brits are a hardy people and to children it's logical - if you go to the seaside then of course you go in the sea. Never mind the freezing temperature.
Off to Pilates this evening, it's nice that now it's light to walk there and home again.
 

No comments: