Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 15 April 2023

Sunny.

We woke this morning to beautiful blue skies and very little wind. It got windier in the afternoon and a sea mist is now turning everything silvery grey.
I was able to start putting books on the shelves last night and carried on today. It looks a little empty but I still have some books in my study and Peter has three shelves across the width of his study which are full of books and dvds. There are still boxes of 'stuff' in the hall. I will hopefully be able to fit most of it into the wooden cupboards and then I will have to work out where things like my sewing machine will go.
But it hasn't all been about the bookcase today. I've spent a lot of time in the garden too. First thing I climbed over the wall into the neighbours' garden and trimmed down the escallonia on their side. A good thing I did that early as not long after they turned up for the weekend. (I do have permission to go on their property). Not only that but they've been painting the boundary wall under the hedge. After a spell at the bookcase I did more gardening, had  a break and then did more sorting of the random stuff in the boxes.
Last night's setting sun lit up the gold mineral in the sparkle stones which I found on the beach. I think it must be some sort of pyrite or quartz and is very pretty when it glitters in the sun.
 

No comments: