Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 2 October 2023

47 Years.

That's how long we've been married. It was our wedding anniversary today and Peter gave me this lovely bunch of roses as well as sweet treats. I gave him a quirky wooden oystercatcher and some fancy local beers from the craft beer place in town. I let the chap choose the beers for me, malty not hoppy and not high alcohol content were what I asked for so hopefully Peter will enjoy them.
We never actually do anything for anniversaries or birthdays but we will be having a 'special' dinner of oven baked salmon parcels with new potatoes and peas. We both prefer to eat at home rather than go out for a meal though of course my favourite is anything eaten outside in a wild place with a wonderful view.
We did go out together in the morning as I had my appointment at the hospital. It was with the registrar (junior doctor) and it was a good appointment. The x-rays show that the cyst is a separate ganglion cyst and all the toe joints are fine. I was shown the bloodwork and everything was normal apart from one result which indicated a response to a viral infection. No surprise there as I've had a sinus infection for as many years as I can remember. With those results I was told that they would put me on the list to have the cyst removed. Wonderful. I said I'd be quite happy to have it done under a local anaesthetic so the doctor went off, had a talk with the consultant and yes they will do that. Less use of resources and possibly not such a long wait. Ah yes, the wait. I can expect to be waiting for up to eight months so who knows how big the cyst will be by then? But at least I know it will be done. Pre-op checks have already been done too.
The weather has been dry-ish in the morning and wet in the afternoon. That didn't stop me from going out to mix up enough mortar to stick on the coping stones. That's the walling done. Next is to tidy up the other raised beds by the steps and order a dumpy bag of soil to top those beds up.

 

2 comments:

happyone said...

Happy Anniversary to you and Peter!!
May you have many more.

thelma said...

Best wishes for your anniversary, the roses are beautiful.