Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 23 October 2023

A Visit to the Dentist.

I've not been lucky with the weather recently. This morning it was dry and warm in Borth but by the time we got to Mach it was pouring with rain. And guess who didn't have a coat? Or whose favourite purple crocs have holes in the soles? However by the time I was in Aber it was warm and even sunny at times.
In Mach we had our usual session in the library trying to get ahead with the homework for the end of the unit we are doing in class which is mostly the future tense and the weather. One of the questions we had to answer was (In Welsh) Will it be fine tomorrow? I wrote down - No it will not be fine, I live in Wales, it rains every day. (It doesn't really.) We were having such fun that the librarian joined in and wrote down the Welsh equivalent of 'raining cats and dogs' which turns out to be 'raining old women and sticks'.
We left the library promptly to get home in time for me to then drive into Aber for my appointment at the dentist. It was not as I had thought an hygienist appointment but just a check up. In and out in less than ten minutes cost me £74. He tried to persuade me to have crowns put on the only two teeth that meet for chewing in order to make them last longer but as each crown would cost nearly £700 and one of those teeth is currently in perfect condition I declined the offer. (The other is almost all filling.) My gums and the other teeth are all good so I'm fine until my hygienist appointment in January
It was still dry when I got home so out I went to take some photos of the flowers in the mini meadow and tidy up the hedge which had a number of straggly shoots sticking out of the top. Not enough to warrant getting out the electric hedge cutter, a going over with the secateurs  was enough.

New colour in the back garden as well.

A couple of stiles from yesterday's walk in less than excellent condition.


 

No comments: