Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 3 October 2023

Reinforcements.

A very windy day with a bit of sun and the occasional blue sky.
After having missed out two weeks of going to the zoo I was glad that it wasn't raining again today. However I did take the easy option and drove rather than cycled. And after almost four hours of weeding I was glad that I wouldn't have to be cycling back against the wind. Even fours hours wasn't quite enough to get the whole of the large play area weeded but I managed to get at least three quarters done. Hardly any visitors today but there is usually an increase in numbers during the half-term holiday.

Remember those rhea chicks I photographed at the end of last June? Now they are the size of a flamingo or a goose with very long legs, and can watch the world through the window of their hut.

Back home I found the postman had brought me some reinforcements to work with the other ramshorn snails. With all the recent warm weather the algae has continued to grow so more snaily mouths were needed to keep the alga under control.

The rest of my afternoon has been spent sitting on the terrace and planning what to grow in the new raised bed. They had some caryopteris in Charlie's which I'm tempted to get and maybe put in a lavender and an artemisia. 
No Pilates tonight as they're doing blood donors in the hall. 

 

No comments: