Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 8 October 2023

A Walk Around Teifi Pools.

And still the sun shone for the whole day. The air temperature according to my friend's car was 21C/70F. Not bad for October. I was up early and had two loads of washing out on the line before I left to meet up with H who was driving a group of us to the walk. (It's handy now that I'm in the car share group.) Before breakfast I gave the walls around the garden steps a coat of white paint and was able to do a second coat when I got home from the walk.
Today's walk was around Teifi Pools a series of natural lakes and man made reservoirs about an hour's drive away.
Our route took us around a couple of the reservoirs which supply water to the coastal towns.

From our vantage point we could see down into the lush green valley where the ruins of Strata Florida, the abbey that ran all the major industries in medieval times, are located.
As we sat along the reservoir dam to eat our lunch, Sasha one of two dogs with us today had a lovely time rolling down the slope.

Any landscape with bare rocks emerging from untamed land strikes a chord in my heart. Maybe that's something to do with my early days roaming the moors in Cornwall. Looking inland the wild country extends for many miles with the roads petering out to tracks not suitable for cars. I would call this moorland but that's not a term used here though I have heard it referred to as the green desert.
It wasn't a very long walk as we were expected for a cup of tea at a smallholding that has a number of rescue animals. (Photos tomorrow.)


 

No comments: