Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 27 October 2023

Showers.

It's been a day of sunshine and showers, mostly showers.
I suppose it must be the result of exercising that even though I hobble off to bed creaking and grumbling I tend to sleep well on Thursday nights. This morning I was up at six which gave me time to sit outside with my mug of tea. Speedy had been out all night and didn't want to join me but I was well wrapped up and enjoying sitting under a starry sky. 
The builders were here before nine and I left for my riding lesson soon after. There were seven of us today and I rode Cadno again. We carried on working on getting the horses onto the bit though with so many of us there was a range of things that people needed to work on. This week instead of me wearing myself out constantly using my legs to get more energy into Cadno I was encouraged to use the crop more often. I was still just tapping it on my leg and though Cadno tended to give a little skip when he heard it it certainly got him going better and I didn't get so exhausted.
Afterwards I called in at the industrial estate, collected the shower and bought a tap for the sink, a toilet roll holder and a grab rail for the shower, very handy for holding on to when washing your feet. Then onwards to do the shopping at Morrisons and Lidl and call in at the bank. One of the builders had expressed a preference for Bourbon biscuits but would you believe it, they didn't have any in Lidl which was my last stop. Luckily they had some in the village shop which I stopped at on the way home. These guys work hard and I like to be hospitable. 
Talking of showers the shower tray arrived today. I went for the biggest shower I could fit in the space and while it's not the wet room I had hoped for it's at least roomy. The tiles also arrived today and are currently in the garage until they're needed.
Work done today - All the under floor pipework has been done and a start made on the studwork. They've got a nifty laser beam gadget that levels and matches everything up which must make the job a lot easier.
An evening primrose has appeared in the mini meadow.
The village in the evening sun.
 

No comments: