Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 12 October 2023

Sunny.

In the morning a cloudbank tried to hide the sun but later the sun came out properly to give us a lovely sunny afternoon.
The temperature is start to drop noticeably at night and this morning I had to wipe up the condensation at the bottom of some of the windows. And then shock horror the dreaded mildew had reappeared on our bedroom windows. A wipe down with bleach has got rid of it for the moment but the condensation is something I'd forgotten about. Another item to add to the morning routine.
I was in a very gloomy mood first thing this morning. It might have been better to have got up when I first woke at 6.30 rather than just take my tablets and go back to sleep for some stressful dreams. I need to move around to clear the aches and pains anyway but it was cold and dark. Thinking about the damp and the lack of progress with the builders didn't help. To clear my mood I went for a beach walk after breakfast. This was combined with another visit to the pharmacy as yesterday's bag of tablets was missing one item. Great! At the pharmacy they told me the surgery hadn't sent the prescription through for that item. Wondering why the doctor had decided to change my meds without consulting me I walked up to the surgery, handy having it so close. There I was just given the form to tick but as no doctors were around in the morning the tablets wouldn't be ready until tomorrow at the pharmacy. I'm willing to give the pharmacy the benefit of the doubt in that I may have not ticked that item on the repeat form but I wonder? At least it's not like in Devon where there were constant mix-ups which were very difficult to sort out.
It was peaceful on the beach, I met and chatted to one person I knew and by the time I got home I felt a bit better. All too soon it was time for our Zoom class. I was in a breakout room with one other person and the tutor when our doorbell rang. Or should I say crowed as we've kept a crazy cock-a-doodle-doo since it made us laugh so much? Luckily I only had to open the window by my desk to see who it was and could ask the delivery man to drop the bag off at the bottom of the garden. 
As soon as class was over I went out to start moving the topsoil. The stuff from the last place was quite sandy but this was pure compost, still warm too. Although I can lift concrete blocks when there's a lot to be moved I find it better on this crumbling body to do little and often. From bitter experience I know it's best to carry a bucket in either hand each one third filled with soil. That way I was able to shift about half the bag of soil to the new raised bed remembering to stomp it down several times to compact the soil.
My final activity was of course the disco aerobics class. Fun cardio exercise. I get a bit worried when my knee begins to burn and ease up on the bouncing and kicks. It's not good timing to have my riding lesson the day after aerobics but I don't think there's a class earlier in the week that I could join.

 

No comments: