Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 18 October 2023

Welcome Visitors.

Damp in the morning, light rain in the afternoon and downpours in the evening.
Today we had the long awaited visit from Romas and Laura. It was only a short visit as they were on their way home from the family chalet in Porthmadog but they had time for lunch and a quick walk on the beach. As usual I had made far too much including a chocolate cheesecake but it's better to have too much than not enough.

While we were out on the beach Romas demonstrated his stone skipping skills which I caught using the action mode on my camera.


I find  the way the splash shapes made by the first touch down change over time really interesting.

I don't think that Rhubarb was enjoying the walk.
After they left I had time to have a look at the homework for our Welsh class. This was to listen to a clip of a conversation and answer questions. Before I could get into the on-line resources I had to mess around trying to log in. As part of that process I searched for a missing email in the junk folder. It wasn't there but what I did find was an email from my dentist reminding me that I have a hygienist appointment next Monday. How lucky was that, as I never check the junk emails? Only this afternoon I was saying I thought I had missed an appointment because there wasn't an email. (They make you pay in advance so that would have been £70 down the drain.)
Then it was time for choir. We spent the first hour singing peace songs in acknowledgement of these terrible times after which we had a little party for S's 70th birthday. Everyone brought food including lovely home made cakes and there were balloons and much dancing. A very pleasant evening.
 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Glad you had a nice visit even if it was short.
I'm impressed with the cake you made. WOW very fancy. :)