Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 28 October 2023

Rainbows.

Sun and some showers again today along with a couple of rainbows.
As it's Saturday the builders didn't arrive until 10.00 but they have been working hard. The ceiling has been plaster boarded, the outside wall insulated, extractor fan fitted and the first fittings for the shower unit are in place.  At Peter's suggestion they're installing a secondary pump to boost the hot water pressure which has involved a lot of searching for wires in the loft under all the insulation. They also brought down a couple of old wood and glass doors that have always been up in the loft. We had left them up there originally but their weight made a crack in the bedroom ceiling and they needed to go. Being glass I couldn't cut them up in situ and they were too heavy for me to move. Another thing they found yesterday was some woodworm in a couple of the bathroom floor planks. These have been removed and they'll spray the rest of the floor. My only hope is that our very first builder who laid the flooring in the rest of the house would have seen any woodworm anywhere else. (The bathroom woodworm was under the vanity unit.)
They won't be back until Tuesday now but they seem to be working at a good pace. I've just ordered the safety lino so that's everything apart from the final bill.
This morning I made a potato, cabbage, cheese, onion and smoked sausage casserole in the slow cooker which will do for tonight and a few more meals.
With all the noise going on and doors open which let out the heat I've mainly been hiding in my study. This at least encouraged me to practise the piano with headphones on and then the guitar (no headphones for that unfortunately). I have managed to get more crocheting done which is good. 
Now off to hoover and then maybe wash the floors, again.

 

No comments: