Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 10 October 2023

Double Jabs.

Sun and wind for most of the day though by the afternoon it began to turn grey and there has been a noticeable drop in temperature.
It would have been an ideal day to go to the zoo but we had appointments for our 'flu and covid jabs in the hall at midday. Instead I spent the morning fishing the green algae out of the pond taking care not to remove any of the snails. We drove down to the hall for our jabs because Peter's knee is getting a lot worse. We were in and out of the hall in around about five minutes as although there were five nurses waiting at tables to do the vaccinations we were almost the only patients there. There was one other patient that left as we came in and a couple came in as we were on the way out. I wonder if there hadn't been enough publicity. We only found out because I saw a handwritten note at the surgery when I went for my blood test. You would have thought they would have contacted everybody over 65 or at least put out notices on the village FB pages.
The rest of my day has been spent crocheting on the terrace and waiting for a delivery of top soil which never arrived. As we drove away from the hall the lorry with what looked like our soil on the back was driving away up the High Street. I had left a note written on the back of a large envelope taped to the letter box which is right next to the front door asking for the soil to be left inside the garden gate and I'd even drawn a map. I can't believe somebody would have called at out door and not seen it. I'll phone them tomorrow morning. Off now for Pilates.


 

No comments: