Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 20 October 2023

Wet.

It's been very wet today as we caught the edge of Storm Babet. We're just under a yellow warning for heavy rain while in Scotland where sadly three people have lost their lives they are still under a red warning.
I was up in good time again today as hooray! Friday is riding day. (At least until RDA starts up again.) Just four of us in the lesson and we were taught by the owner. I rode Cadno again and we spent the whole lesson working to get the horses on the bit. No cantering at all but I was exhausted by the end of the lesson. Cadno does come down onto the bit though I ended up with a blister on my finger from the reins. It was worth it to be told how well I was doing. (I'm easily pleased.) It's hard work to keep his energy levels up, I don't think my legs are very strong but I'm working on it.
Usually I change out of my riding boots into my smart wellies after the lesson but it was so wet in the parking area that I just took a photo from inside the car and didn't bother changing my boots.
First stop afterwards was the dump to say goodbye to all the tomato plants. Then I called in at a bathroom showroom place on the industrial estate that I had noticed last time I was there. They had lots of bathrooms set up which were very tempting. I fell in love with an extra large bowl type of sink-  ceramic, matt black and more importantly rang beautifully when I tapped it with my fingernail. A shame that A- black wouldn't fit the bathroom design, B - Peter doesn't like bowl sinks and C- I've already bought a white sink and vanity unit. They also had a big display of all the different showers which was very handy as I could try the controls and feel how suitable they were for Peter's arthritic hands. All the other places to buy showers from don't have them on display, you have to look on-line and the pictures aren't that detailed. I found a nice shower which I think will do for us. Later in the afternoon I went over the bathroom plans as ......... we have another builder coming tomorrow to talk about the bathroom and all the other things still left to do. He's been recommended by the builder who was going to do it all but has found that he is swamped with work and doesn't know when he would be able to start. Fingers crossed. 
 

No comments: