Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 29 October 2023

Raining Again.

More showers today and one magnificent rainbow in the morning. 


I needed to be further inland, up on the hill to be able to get a decent photo of the whole arc of the rainbow. One end came down by the cliff edge a couple of houses up from us and the other was in the sea in front of the reefs. The colours were even brighter than in the photos which got me wondering who people in the past explained rainbows. A perfect arc with the brightest of colours must have spoken of supernatural (or spiritual) forces.





My morning was made even more exciting by the sight of a small dolphin fishing close by. When I first saw it it was in the sea near the bottom of the garden and then swam even closer to the beach.
Today's walk began half an hour earlier as the clocks did their thing this morning and it gets darker an hour earlier. That gave us an extra hour's lie-in but Speedy wasn't too pleased about having to wait an hour for his evening meal. (He gets his morning meal as soon as one of us wakes.)
The meeting point for the walk was at N&H's house up on the hill behind the village. A steady 15 minutes walk got me there just before a really heavy shower set in. There were only six of us today, I think mainly due to the weather so we sat around having cups of tea before we set off in the slightly lessening rain. We left our bags in the house and I decided not to risk bringing my camera, hence no photos. The first part of the walk through lanes and fields was pretty wet and though my over trousers did their job my jacket wasn't quite up to keeping me dry. We came to a crossroads where most of our little group opted to take the shorter route while I went on with C and Darcie the dog for a brisk walk along the longer way back. And then the rain stopped and it was dry for the rest of the walk. At the house we had hot drinks and biscuits around the big kitchen table and carried on chatting. I got a lift down the hill with P who dropped me off a couple of minutes from home.
Once home I did my Duo Lingo and we'll soon be settling down for an evening of Strictly.

 

1 comment:

happyone said...

You see a lot of rainbows.
Maybe they saw a rainbow as God's promise, like I do. :)