Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 21 October 2023

Rainbows.

Today it has been mostly raining (something tells me I'm using terrible grammar here but I'm claiming artistic licence) with the occasional sunny spell.
This morning I was intrigued by the sight of odd shapes on the horizon. Couldn't get a clearer view either with the camera or Peter's binoculars but I guessed it was a ship of some sort.
I posted a photo on the local FB page asking for ideas and then found a really useful website -this which shows the location of all? the ships in the world in (almost) real time. Zooming right in to our tiny bit of sea the most likely candidate seemed to be the cargo carrier Parana but the ship that I saw seemed to have a couple of cranes on deck.
Much joy this afternoon, not just because I saw a couple of rainbows but because the new builder turned up. He seems very professional and does the plumbing and tiling too. Best of all he's got a couple of weeks free right now before starting another job at the end of November so is ready to start work straight away. Mind you I'm not getting overly excited until he actually starts. One funny thing was that he turned up with his assistant A, who had been here as assistant to one of our earlier builders. We had got on very well with him and he had told us at the time that he was looking to move to a different builder.
With the weather being so unsettled it wasn't worth trying to garden so I carried on with crocheting.

 

No comments: