Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 25 October 2023

Sunny.

Lots of sun today.
At this time of year the terrace is mainly shaded and it takes a while for the sun to appear in the garden but just seeing the blue sky and the sun sparkling on the waves is enough to lift my spirits.
Much as I would have liked to head out for a walk I stayed indoors preparing for the great bathroom event. First off I tried to order the shower screen. I had thought it would be a simple matter of ordering one from the Screwfix website but that proved problematical. One phone call later revealed that they hadn't been able to get that particular one from the manufacturer. Another place on the industrial estate that used to be Plumb Centre has the same make and size which it looks like I could order but instead of £210 at Screwfix it costs £366. A bit of a difference. I've looked around and while I couldn't find the same one anywhere else for a better price there are a couple of alternatives, one cheaper and one more expensive than Screwfix. I'll show them to the builder and see what he thinks. In the meantime I've covered over some of the stuff on the hallway walls and taken down one picture which has glass. The rest of the time I've been sorting things in the bedroom. That was mainly stuff that has spread from the storage tubs. I try very hard to put things away but I do have an untidy nature. A few items have made their way into the charity shop bag which is good and everything is a lot tidier. 
It was while I was sorting things in the bedroom that I heard the recycling lorry going up the road. With a change in routine I had forgotten to put out the recycling. A quick dash into the kitchen to grab the recycling bag and the food waste caddy and then out the front door to run round into the next road to catch up with the bin men. Silly me.

 

No comments: