Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 5 January 2009

Back To Work.

As usual at the end of a visit we took a photo of the youngsters before their departure.

Alex, Romas, Kate and Vytas.
The house seemed almost empty with just Romas left at home with us oldies though Linas has returned till the weekend.


Today was the start of the new term. Most of the staff had been ill over the holidays, one colleague still has the turkey in the freezer as all her family had the sickness bug one after the other. I thought I was on the mend but the queasiness hasn't left me yet. It was there even though I ate nothing all day ,(too much to do) and was even worse when I came home and had a mango, a cup of tea and a small slice of cake. I know that's not exactly a balanced diet but it wasn't a lot. I think I'll stick to peppermint tea.
 It's freezing cold outside but luckily we left the cars up the hill last night and that's where they are again tonight. The forecast is for temperatures down to -10C tonight.

5 comments:

GemmieV said...

-10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Catching the Magic said...

Oh my! Forgot how cold it can get in winter there! Brrrr! Good to see Romas braving it in a T-shirt! Looks much warmer in the photo!

Really hope you get well soon, I know it's so frustrating being ill when we all lead such active lives and I really hope you get well soon,

Lots of love and best wishes,

Sarah

Domestic Executive said...

Ouch, that's cold. My father was telling me it was -7 and I thought that was bad enough.

Sorry to hear you are still suffering. Hope you get better soon.

JTx

happyone said...

A rainy day here for us. It was supposed to be freezing rain but it warmed up a bit thank goodness.
Hope your feeling better by now. :-)

Ruta M. said...

Thanks for everyone's good wishes and concern. It really does cheer me up when I get such kind words.

Romas is a true t-shirt and shorts guy, it's only in winter that he wears trousers though he did have a hoody on today. Vytas also spends most of the year in shorts and beach sandals.