Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 23 January 2009

Friday Fun.

If you guessed roof tiles you were nearly right. These slate tiles, about 1cm thick have been used to make a decorative cladding on the walls of a restaurant in Mortehoe. This type of wall covering is often seen in coastal villages to help protect the walls from the winter gales and driving rain.
And a few more photos from last Saturday's walk.


And now for today's highlights. Claire and Trefor brought Baby Henry into school for us all to ooh and aah over. He was asleep for most of the time even though it was a bit of a case of playing Pass the Baby so that everyone got to hold him for a time. I don't think I've actually held a baby since mine were little, 19 years ago. You forget just how small they are. 

He is a good looking baby, I'm not one of those people who think all babies are beautiful. (Two of mine were chubby Churchills and one was a little wrinkled Buddhist monk but they have all grown up to be handsome young men.)
I really like my Fridays because not only is it the end of the week but in the morning I schedule observation time where I watch the children at their independent activities and record anything of note. I took a lovely photo of 3 of my boys who had asked me to staple some paper together and were busy writing books about Jack and the Beanstalk. I was particularly pleased because there is a national issue about boys not being so keen on writing. The whole set-up of the class encourages lots of independent writing.  We also had a fun time in the hall when instead of PE I set up roads with the PE mats, a zebra crossing and road signs and the children took on the roles of policemen, a lollipop lady, cars, families and builders and we had a major structured role play time. In the afternoon I had my PPA time and got a lot of work done in the staff room. I then stayed on at school so that I could make a start on a display of some of the paintings and photos from PC Gareth's visit last week. When I came home I did my 500 sit-ups. 

2 comments:

Domestic Executive said...

Yikes, 500 sit ups. Are you mad? Or are you turning into Jane Fonda?

I loved your description of the classroom today, you really seemed like you love what you do.

Ruta M. said...

Not unless she's fat and falling to bits !