Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 22 January 2009

A Trip To The Dentist.

Exercise advice. Do not do 1000 sit-ups unless you want a carpet burn on your bum.  Okay you can stop laughing now, it's only a little burn but I'm glad today is a rest day as I had to go to the dentist after school to have a temporary filling repair as well as my crown stuck back in. Half of the filling fell off before I got home but I've an appointment in 2 weeks to redo the filling properly. Still no sign of when I will be going to the Dental Hospital in Bristol to have my root filling done. I shall stick to just doing 500 sit-ups each day and maybe do more exercise with my hand weights.
Today the radio was giving out severe weather warnings for wind and rain with possible flooding. The temperatures were much higher than yesterday and at one point it was sunny and warm. Not for long though.

This was the icy road yesterday morning with Peter disappearing off up the drive. Once I got going I didn't dare stop to take any more pictures.

Back to today. I arrived 15 minutes early for my dental appointment by Tescos so I gave myself the challenge of finding something worth photographing in the grubby car park with failing grey light. And these are the result.


Ivy growing on a tree trunk is always worth a photo.
Somebody at the next door garden centre is obviously into topiary and has made a living sign.
This weather vane was on top of a wooden structure at the garden centre.
Follow the golden lights.......
....... into the shrine to consumerism,
(I think this structure looks a bit like a Japanese shrine.)
..... where you can spend your hard earned money almost 24/7.
Tesco, the biggest supermarket chain in the universe, well there is at least 1 in every town in the UK, they're also to be found on the continent, in Eastern Europe and the USA. Actually I quite like Tescos and it was noticable that they have really increased their range of discount or value goods. Best buy tonight was 5 energy saving light bulbs for 40p. This was some kind of special promotion with one of the energy companies.


Finally a mystery photo from my files. Can you tell what it is? All will be revealed in the next post.

1 comment:

Domestic Executive said...

Haha, I loved the notion of you stalking Tescos and surround looking for photos to take. Brilliantly shot I must say.