Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 12 January 2009

Monitor Meltdown.

The fancy monitor on my pc has finally given up the ghost, it kept turning itself off. Pete has looked at it and it's not just wobbly leads but something inside. Luckily I had done a back up of my photos onto a pen drive yesterday so I can still post photos from our walk around Morte Point.
Today I thought I'd show some of the more detailed items of interest.


Dry seed heads, possibly Ragged Robin.
A bright yellow lichen looking like a splash of paint on the rocks.

I love the delicate beauty of this blue grey lichen.


A whole miniature garden growing on a few square inches of rock.



A wet and windy day today but we managed to get the children out at playtime though they did have to stay in at lunchtime. I've finally got my lap top talking to the interactive whiteboard so we were able to watch magic pencil DVD to support the phonic work we do. The children learn 4 sounds a week and despite our initial reservations most are making good progress. The problem is to work out how to cover all the work they've already done for my 3 new children. Too late to think now, I'm off to bed.



No seals yesterday but this fat 'Fuzzy Bear' caterpillar was crawling across the path.





1 comment:

Domestic Executive said...

Isn's nature amazing. I love to see the lichen and how it clings to the rocks.

Good to know things are settling down in the classroom now you can get the technology working!