Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 8 January 2009

Multi-Tasking.

Here is the photo that failed to download from yesterday. The lights in the distance are Barnstaple and the grey streak in the middle of the photo is the river estuary. As it is the start of a new term and there is so much to do in class I am leaving home earlier and returning later which at this time of year means both journeys are in the dark. 


I feel that I am getting my head round the daily routine in class though I know that I'm not yet up to speed with all the observational assessments  I should be making throughout the day. With these little ones it's really a case of major multi- tasking. At one point this morning I was - sitting with 6 children who were trying to write about their mums, ( we encourage them to write the sounds independently but there was a constant chorus of 'what comes next?' ), getting 2 of my new children to draw pictures of their families for a class display, dealing with 2 children who had hurt their knees having fallen off bikes in the playground, being asked to help do up a painting apron and a coat, and diverting the little girl with Downs who was emptying the children's trays. That's quite normal and you just have to laugh about it afterwards. But I am looking forward to tomorrow afternoon when I am out of the class for PPA time ,(planning, preparation and assessment). Hopefully I'll get next week's plan sorted so that the weekend is for home activities. Oh and I have to phone the dentist as the crown from the tooth that has been waiting 6 months for an appointment for a root canal filing, has fallen off and it is time for my dental check up anyway. I just have such uncharitable thoughts about my dentist who could have done the root canal work himself but lied and tried to get me to pay for private treatment. AARGH!

1 comment:

Domestic Executive said...

Great to see you got the picture up. It sounds exhausting being a teacher. I'm not sure I'd have the attention span to keep things going like you do!