Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 4 January 2009

Down In The Dumps.

It's cold and grey and for me the last few days have passed in a bit of a blur. Yep, I had the bug, the' tummy' part only lasted a few hours, thank goodness, but it seems to have been more of a 'flu type virus with temperature and lots of aches and pains. For several days my back and legs in particular felt as if they've been hit by a train. Luckily today I'm finally on the mend just before term starts tomorrow. I did have to cancel going to Claire's baby shower party yesterday as apart from not feeling 100% I certainly didn't want to spread my germs about. Shame that as I was looking forward to a girlie night. Romas and Alex were  ill for about 12 hours, must be more resilient being younger though Romas has been ill again .

The forecast is for a little rain and cold temperatures tonight so as I don't like to take chances I left my car up the hill just in case of ice. This is our place down in the valley, the buildings behind all belong to the next door stables.
This little wren is one of several birds that are investigating a hole by our bedroom window frame.

The main reason I am feeling down is apart from having spent part of the holiday feeling ill is that our plans to move to New Zealand seem to have hit a brick wall. 4 months ago I thought I had a fairly clear plan mapped out.  I'm not sure how but I must have misinterpreted the points indicator (stage 1 in applying) and now it looks as if only secondary teachers or Early Years Educators are required. This is despite emails from the teaching sites saying how desperate they are for teachers and TeachNZ stating that primary teachers are on the skills shortage list. It is so confusing and I can't even see who to make enquiries to . I do have a couple of ideas so all is not lost  but it is very  complicated. Also annoyingly I'm the sort of person who lies awake for hours worrying about these things. It's not the end of the world but I'M FED UP.

5 comments:

Catching the Magic said...

Dear Ruta, Oh my, my heart goes out to you. It's never easy being ill and I know when I've been hit with one bug after another, it can put a shade of grey on everything I look at. When I'm well again, the haze lifts and I can see more clearly with a better perspective.

I'm sure they'll be someone you can talk to about your application and I'm sure your skills will be very much needed here in New Zealand. I wish you all the very best in finding a solution and really do hope your plans work out.

Very best wishes,

Sarah

happyone said...

Sorry to hear you and your family have been so sick.
I didn't realize you wanted to move to New Zealand. Hope things work out for you.

Domestic Executive said...

Hi Ruta, good to know you're on the mend. Not fun to be ill on holiday.

Let me know if you want me to ask a primary school head teacher I know here about what options there might be for you.

J

Ruta M. said...

Hi Julie,
Any advice from anyone would be most gratefully received. Fell free to pass on my email address to anyone who might have any ideas.
Thanks , Ruta.

Ruta M. said...

.....or even feel free.