Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 17 January 2009

A Good Saturday.

It was so lovely this morning to wake up at my usual time, 5.30, hear the rain lashing down and know that I could turn over and go back to sleep if I wanted. And that's just what I did. An extra couple of hours was such luxury. And the house is cosy and warm because the central heating is on all the time. When we first moved here we had to be careful with money and for a long time the heating was only turned on when we had guests or someone was ill. The kitchen is always warm because of the Rayburn and the woodburner in the sitting room gives out a lot of heat so we weren't sitting here shivering but I did use to say that if we won the lottery the first thing I would do would be to turn on the central heating. At school I'm known for never wearing a jumper and opening windows to let fresh air into the classroom.
By 9.00 I was in town ready to shop, well you have to buy clothes for new babies, all those cute little outfits to coo over, (and I'm not a baby person either). I didn't find anything in the Monsoon sale for boys but I did buy myself yet another sleeveless black top. I will admit to having a number of sleeveless black tops but they are all different and black is such a good colour. I couldn't resist this one especially as it was reduced from £30 to £7.50. I got an even better reduction in Mackays, £35 to £6 for a top which will be great for school.
I just had to take a photo of these little girls' dresses in Monsoon, they are so gorgeous. I didn't look at the prices but as some of the baby's jackets were £50 no doubt they were expensive. Don't worry I did by something for Baby Henry in BHS. A very soft blue fluffy robe with a hood with little ears and a velour dungarees and top set.
After the early downpour the morning sky had not a cloud and the sun was shining brightly. I didn't even bother with a coat when I was shopping. But when I got home the skies had completely clouded over and the wind was blowing strongly. Ideal conditions for a 3 hour walk on the cliffs.

We went to Mortehoe as usual but walked towards Bull Point and then took the path that leads off from the little well.

We headed out towards Rockham Bay but then cut down an almost vertical sheep path to pick up the coast path.

We then turned away from Rockham Bay to go the long way round Morte Point.

We are pacing ourselves, (dodgy knees), going a bit further each time, and today we had to climb the 'unending stairs' that wind up to the top of the cliff.

The strong wind was blowing the waves into spectacular 'sea horses' and sea spray was blowing up onto the cliffs.



Once again we were almost blown off our feet when we got to the point. I had to crouch down and brace myself against the rocks to take this photo.


Romas has just arrived home having gone down to Plymouth for the day with friends and I can hear a gale blowing outside.

2 comments:

Catching the Magic said...

That sounds like a perfect Saturday. LOVE those dresses for girls in the photograph - oh my, I wouldn't mind dressing up in one too (if they had them in my size!).

Congrats on your bargains - wow - amazing sales!

And thank you for sharing your walk - it looked absolutely breathtaking and so wild.

Domestic Executive said...

Oh you do make me chuckle with your bargain hunting. You have more patience than me!

I love your walk pictures it looks very chilly and very blowy. Don't take toom many risks though for the sake of a picture however much I love them!