Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 10 January 2009

A Frosty Morning.

There was a very heavy frost this morning which made not having to get up at 6.30 doubly enjoyable.




9.30 am
The back road had a heavy covering of frost and a few minutes after taking this photo I met a car coming in the opposite direction and we both managed to skid before coming safely to a halt. Once I got onto the main road conditions were much better. I spent a few hours in town wandering around the sales and going to the library before meeting up with Romas who went down to Bude yesterday. I wish Claire would hurry up and have her baby because Monsoon has the most gorgeous baby clothes in their 70% off sale. Monsoon is normally way out of my price range but I generally find one item of clothing reduced to an reasonable price. No luck yet this year. I did manage to buy 10 100W light bulbs. Since it was announced last week that 100W bulbs will no longer be sold due to an EEC directive they have been sold out in most shops as people stock up. I've got lots of energy saving bulbs in the house but there are some areas that need the bright light of an incandescent bulb. Also the energy saving bulbs are too big for some of our wall lights so they will need the old type of bulb. 
The sitting room has been returned to it's pre-Christmas state and the tree has been chopped up and hopefully will be burnt in the wood burner tonight . Linas has been here for most of the week and Gemma will be driving him down to Plymouth tomorrow. 

2 comments:

Domestic Executive said...

oooh that looks cold. I think I'll just admire the pictures from afar if that's OK with you!

GemmieV said...

Cold is bad. BRRRRRR...