Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 9 January 2009

Owl Morning.

As I can't post a photo of my class here are their family pictures which they drew this week. Well it's these or nothing else, I stayed on at school to put up this quick display on an empty board in the corridor that was making me feel guilty.



It was good to sort out my planning this afternoon though some time was spent just chatting as Claire, looking huger than ever , came in to drop off some folders and we all indulged in 'baby/birth'  talk whilst finishing off the chocolates that are lurking in the staffroom. 

I managed to leave school while it was still light but then did my food shopping so I was still driving home in the dark. This morning, as I was getting up in the dark, I head an owl hooting in the garden. As I drove to work in the half-light I saw a feathery bundle sitting by the side of the country road and realised it was an owl. I stopped and scrabbled for my camera but when I ran back down the road it had flown away. Silly of me to think it would just sit and wait for me. At least it hadn't been hit by a car.

2 comments:

Domestic Executive said...

Wow, that looks like a creative bunch of kids you teach. I laughed at the thought of you scrabbling for the camera to catch the owl. I was watching a doco on owls yesterday and by all acounts they are very difficult to follow in the wild. Good luck for next time though.

JT

happyone said...

I think the picture the kids drew are great. I like the creative touch of color around each photo!