Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 12 February 2009

Driving At Last.

My morning walk up the hill was rewarded by a dramatic sunrise. The photos do not do justice to the intensity of the colours.





It wasn't cold but the snow and ice still persists at the side of the drive. If you look carefully you can see the slabs of ice/snow that I cleared from the road last night.










I was pleased with this shot of the sun reflecting off the footpath sign and lighting up the tree.
It was good to be driving again . My first stop was to the garage to have the underneath looked at but in the end they just took the plastic off and didn't charge me anything. It was a fun day at school today with a visiting theatre group doing a performance of Aladdin in the afternoon. Despite them assuring us that there wasn't anything frightening just having the actors miked up and lots of loud music and sound effects was too much for quite a few children who ended up being comforted on our laps. On of those on my lap I know has nits and so I'm off to zap my head with the electric zapper and give my head a good combing just in case anything decided to wander over.



2 comments:

happyone said...

Wow!! That sunrise is gorgeous!! Makes it worth getting up in the morning to see that!!!
Glad to hear you are back to driving.

Domestic Executive said...

Crikey, that's a wonderful sight first thing in the morning. Glad you were able to capture the moment to share with us.