Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 15 February 2009

A Quiet Sunday.

A bit of snow remains along the drive and the in the distance Exmoor still shows snowy patches.

In the garden the dominant colour is green and there is nothing too exciting to be seen. The frogs were cavorting in the pond but they disappeared quickly into the weeds when I tried creeping up on them.

Daffodils are beginning to sprout in the hedgerows and as I drove into town, to collect Romas' kit and the PA system from last night's gig, I saw flowering clumps of snowdrops and early crocus along the road.

3 comments:

happyone said...

Wish we had some flowers starting around here. I am so looking forward to spring.
Your Valentine's Day roses are beautiful.
I got a chocolate one from my husband. :-)

Domestic Executive said...

Great reminder it's almost time for us to start planting some bulbs for next spring.

One question, why is there a toy truck in your garden? Hope you don't mind me being nosey!

Ruta M. said...

Because I've got boys. And I like the way it distorts the scale of this miniature sedum garden on top of a stone pillar. Actually the fairies left it there when they were too drunk to drive home.