Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 16 February 2009

Happy Birthday Vytas.

Today is Vytas' 23rd birthday and also Lithuanian Independence Day. Our national hero is Vytautas the Great and as Peter's middle name, and his Dad's name is Vytas that made the choice of name easy. So ....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY VYTAS.


I love these birthday posts as they give me an excuse to look through all the baby photos and enjoy those childhood memories.

Just 18 months old with lovely blonde curls.




Off for his first morning at nursery age 4 years and 3 months, and mums didn't stay.
He did enjoy himself though. On the home visit he refused to draw a picture of Mum or Dad telling the teacher that " I only draw rockets." which he then did. 12 years later he attended Space School at Leicester University followed by a Masters in Physics with space science so obviously he was serious about the rockets.





Age 18.







Using a tree pole to demonstrate pike techniques to his brothers. He and his fiancee Kate, are now regular members of The Sealed Knot, a re-enactment society that we took part in as a family before we moved to Devon.






Now he has long hair, (which I love), and a beard, (which I don't). He and Kate visit us in the holidays as they still live up in Leicester where Kate is doing her masters and Vytas commutes to Milton Keynes where he is doing a PhD.









2 comments:

happyone said...

Amazing how fast they grow up!
Happy Birthday to Vytas!!

Catching the Magic said...

Oh, I have a tear in my eye for you! You must feel so proud of Vytas. What wonderful photographs and such happy memories - just love the rocket drawings at such a young age leading to a life-time love! He must have been here before and came back to pursue his love! Certainly sounds like he was born 'knowing' his path!

Happy Birthday to Vytas! Also, I love the hair (ditto on the beard - but then I'm not sure the hair would look the same without it!).

Best wishes, Sarah