Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 27 February 2009

Fed Up Friday.

It's Friday and I'm so tired. I always look forward to Fridays as that's when I have a planned observation time to watch the children and take notes but that usually gets wiped out by something that needs finishing off or as today the teaching assistants going on a course and no cover provided. The afternoon is my PPA time and my expectations are always too high as to the amount of work I'll get done. Though I do have to say I appreciate being able to spend time with Chris the other reception teacher and being able to share ideas as well as plan. I've got Parents' Evenings on Monday and Tuesday and as all of my parents want to come along I'll have to run a third evening to fit them all in. It's only 10 mins per child but it soon adds up. I was the last one at school and I knew it was time to go home when I photocopied a blank piece of paper. Then I had almost got out of Barnstaple when I realised I'd left my camera in school. Quick 3 point turn and a race back to school to get there before the caretaker left as there is no way I could manage a weekend without my camera by my side. Finally got home through the low clouds to find the house all cold. Our oil company had let us down badly, despite being on a top up scheme where they drop in when they are in the area and top up the tank, and promising on Monday to be with us in a few days the nearest they could offer a delivery was the 6th of March. Not only does this mean no central heating but no rayburn in the kitchen which provides us with cooking, hot water and a warm kitchen, burns oil 24/7 and has awful air lock problems if the oil runs out. Peter told our regular oil company to take a running jump for providing such poor service, hadn't they noticed it had been rather cold recently? and we are getting a delivery from another firm on Monday. In the meantime out neighbour is letting us buy some of his oil but with Peter's bad hand that meant me climbing up a ladder and pouring buckets of oil into the tank, and I'll have to do another lot tomorrow. So now the rayburn is just ticking over, the house is cold and I stink of oil. Chocolate and bed I think.

2 comments:

Domestic Executive said...

Oh poor you, no wonder you're fed up. Me thinks that you are tired though and that makes set backs like the oil feel so much worse.

Hope you have a hot water bottle you can use at least.

If it's any consolation it's tipping it down with rain here and freezing cold too!

Ruta M. said...

2 hot water bottles and a hot hubbie did the trick.