Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 13 February 2009

Pyjama Day.

This is the last of the ice seen this morning as I walked up to the car. I was so concerned yesterday that the wet road would freeze overnight that after driving down to the house with some shopping, I then drove back up over the slippery ice patches and parked on the road.
I certainly didn't want to be walking or hitching today as I was wearing a pair of fetching lilac, sheep patterned pyjamas for our school's Pyjama Day. ( I walked up the hill in pjs, wellie boots and a fleece!) This was to support UNICEF's time for change campaign to provide mosquito nets and vaccinations for children in Papua NG. The children all looked so sweet in their pyjamas and dressing gowns clutching cuddly toys. All the staff, except for 1, wore pjs as well, the stationary delivery man looked most surprised when he came into school. Our head teacher announced this week that she is retiring at the end of the school year, a year earlier than we expected. The job has become less and less about caring for the children and more about ticking boxes and meeting targets so it is not surprising that so many headteachers are leaving the job. How many of the new style headteachers would turn up at a needy family's house at 9.00 on Christmas Eve to see they are alright? Ours did. At one of the children's suggestion there was a supervised pillow fight session in the hall, (I was planning in the staffroom but a colleague borrowed my camera as none of the class cameras were working). These are 2 children from my class and our headteacher who no doubt will have lots more fun activities planned for the next term and a half. The afternoon finished with bedtime stories and milk and biscuits.
It's now the half term holiday and I have plenty of paperwork to do including e-profiles for each of my 31 children. I have to write comments with evidence, for each of 6 aspects of learning for every child. I think I'll be rather busy.


2 comments:

Julie said...

ELi had pj day at his school too, how fun no pillow fights though

Domestic Executive said...

This is my dream to be able to go to work in my PJs. Can't believe it's half term already though. Where does the time go?