Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 9 February 2009

The Last Of The Snow ?

The snow is on it's way out. Apart from on our drive. Today's heavy rain and the tractor driving up and down has almost cleared the drive. This morning I set off early not enjoying the driving rain. I got my first lift at the top of the drive from a lad working at the Lewis' farm. From there it was just a half mile walk down the hill to the main road where I quickly got a lift into town. I was at work by 7.50 which gave me time to organise myself. My colleague gave me a lift home to the top of the drive though the icy rain made the final walk down the hill, (after I collected the mail which had been left in a plastic bag tied to the fence), quite unpleasant.
Two good things to report - first, the hens started laying on Saturday. Maybe the bright moonlight shining on the snow activated their day-length laying response. Second - after downloading my latest set of photos I put my camera , a little precariously, on top of some papers on the desk next to me. The cat jumped up, the camera fell to the floor, I swore at the cat but when I picked up the camera I found that the fall had jarred the mechanism to change viewfinders back into working once more. Because of my bad sight I always use the eyepiece for taking photos but the big screen is much better for reviewing and sharing photos.

Here are a few more photos from the last few days.

The daffodils looking a bit sorry for themselves.
A visiting hen pheasant.





Another snow sculpture.


Bowden Lane.





Don't look too closely or you'll have nightmares!
Just looked out of the window (8.00pm) and the rain has turned into snow again.
Looks like I'll be walking again.

1 comment:

Domestic Executive said...

It's hard to believe you're still blanketed with snow. Those pictures are amazing really capture the moment of how things are. When it's all gone you can look back and remind yourself of what it was like!