Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 28 February 2009

Red Deer Stag Spotted.

It's been another grey day today. When I got home from town the house felt as cold as the outside. I felt really tired and chilly but I had to pour one more drum of oil into the tank and get some wood down from the shed. Not surprisingly the activity and the bright light levels (despite the grey skies), cheered me right up and I got on with some gardening. Pete went over to our neighbours to return their oil container and he came home with the news that there were some Red Deer stags further down the valley. Off I went clutching my camera to take some photos. One stag stood there quite calmly, despite the comings and goings at the stables. I was able to take lots of photos but the distance made most of them quite blurry. Apparently there were another 3 stags there somewhere out in the gorse on the hillside.
After being revitalised by my outdoor activities I had the energy to get on with my 500 sit ups which I manage to do 6 days a week. Instead of increasing the number of sit ups I've been increasing the difficulty and even include some crunches at the end so I still have goals to aim for.
We've still got plenty of logs in the shed so I've got a nice fire roaring away and warming the place up.

3 comments:

Domestic Executive said...

Those stags look pretty impressive. Best kept at a distance though with antlers like that!

Catching the Magic said...

How very wonderful! Could just picture you hiking off, with camera in hand, to 'shoot' some stag photos!

As for the sit-ups - WOW! That's an amazing feat! Do you prop your feet under the sofa when you do them? I always find it hard to keep my feet on the ground! You'll have to share your technique!

A friend of mine is in India at the moment - she's seriously into yoga - and sent me a fab photo of her on the beach in an amazing head-stand. Well, I sat there, drinking my morning coffee, contemplating how long she could hold that position and whether or not I could do it... after 20 minutes of thinking I thought, 'Enough thinking, time to just do it!'. Anyway, the whole family got in on the action and I only wish I'd taken a photograph! At one point I nearly fell over on my cat!... Oh, this would have made a fun blog post!

Hope you have a good week and enjoy the Spring daffodils and snow-drops!

Ruta M. said...

No, my feet are just resting on the floor. Our sofa doesn't have a gap under neath and Iknew I couldn't rely on having a helper to hang onto my feet. I think the leg muscles must get stronger as you go along. My sit-up stages have been as follows - easiest- legs flat, arms in front (flapping wildly)and lean forward to touch toes. Next - legs flat, arms crossed and hands on shoulders, somehow the feet stayed down by this stage. Next - knees bent up and arms crossed with hands on shoulders. Next - knees bent, hands by the side of the neck,they're HARD. Finally as before but twisting the body sideways on the sit-up bit so that the elbow crosses the opposite knee. I'd have loved to see your headstand. I couldn't even do them when I was little. Now it would be like a major road pile up!Just had a major fit of idiocy and tried it but the feet never even left the floor!