Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 4 April 2009

Cleaning And Paperwork.

I woke up at 1.00 and couldn't sleep so I went downstairs and did 3 hours of tidying/ school work/ blogging. I've got so much to do this holidays that I need to not waste any time. When I woke up at 8.00 the sun was shining and tempting me out into the garden but I stuck with school paperwork and sorting the kitchen. While I've been at work full-time, (and some), I've done the minimum of housework hoping that those men of mine might pull their weight. The trouble is they just don't see mess or dirt. I spent hours today muttering darkly while scraping off the baked on grease around the hotplate set in the counter. Just because the metal is dark grey doesn't mean it doesn't need cleaning! Then I discovered that in the rush to get to the pub last night I'd left folders and books at school that I need for updating my paperwork. Luckily my colleague lives across the road and she was able to let me in with her keys. I combined that trip with picking up Romas who had been at MIA for an airsoft game which he seems to have enjoyed.
I had a little walk around the garden to enjoy the sunshine and see how the plants are doing. I made several videos from up the hill the camera is really poor at focusing and now seems to have developed a creak when the zoom button is in use. I so need a new camera.



This was the best of today's video attempts and shows part of the garden in its unweeded glory.

2 comments:

Domestic Executive said...

You sound like me. Sometimes if I can't sleep I just get up and potter on. Always best to go back later when the mind is clearer.

I know what you mean about cleaning. When I have a busy work week things get a bit slack!

I notice you're angling for a new camera again!

Marrisa said...

Two things I like about this post - your wonderful video and the fact you were in a hurry to get to the pub - we will get on just fine :-)

xx