Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 30 April 2009

A Quiet House.

The lad with the wonky arm had actually broken it in 2 places. His mum said that even at the hospital everyone was amazed at how calm he was. He's back in school with an open plaster cast on it and is as full of beans as ever. I didn't dare take a chance on letting out to play so he was confined to quarters with a friend to keep him company. As it was the pair of them were running around the library making paper aeroplanes. Fortunately for me everything was done correctly at school and the parents are not demanding to know why 'I let this child's arm get broken'. There are some people who always feel that somebody must be to blame for everything that happens and demand a full enquiry into every mishap that occurs. It's been a fairly relaxed day at school. The role play corner in my classroom is 'a campsite' with a tent made from some material thrown over 2 bits of play furniture. When it falls down I simply tell them that part of camping is learning how to put your tent up when it falls down. I've put baby blankets and pillows inside and it's been so funny to see children all tucked up in the tent ready to go to sleep. Another very popular activity this week is the tuf spot ,(a builders' tray) filled with dry compost and diggers etc. I don't think the cleaners are all that pleased with the mess on the floor even after the children have swept up but we're planting lots of seeds at the moment and it seemed to be an appropriate activity.
When I went to my car this evening I found this cherry blossom on the sun roof on a reflection of the clouds.
A quick stroll around the garden to see the progress of the spring flowers. The aubretia is flowering almost the whole way around its formal circle.

I like the colour contrast between the ajuga and the London Pride.
The house is quiet as Romas is down in Bude again and as well as whole day PPA tomorrow we've got the long Bank Holiday weekend to look forward to. I hoping for good weather on Monday which will bring everybody out for the carboot sale.



3 comments:

Domestic Executive said...

What a brave soldier you have in your class. My closest friend has broken her arm twice and "not" known. Some people just don't feel the pain like I do.

I love that picture of the apple blossom. It's nature's art. wonderful.

happyone said...

I really like all the rocks that you have used in your garden. Looks really pretty.

Ruta M. said...

All the stones came out of the soil underneath that had been used to fill in the swimming pool. it's the same stone as the house is built from.