Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 23 April 2009

Sunny Afternoons.

We seem to be getting a few hours of glorious sunshine every afternoon but once again I'm looking out of the window at a grey sky. All this warm weather is encouraging the flowers in the garden and along the hedgerows.

On the apple trees the blossom is almost ready to open.

A few bluebells which seem to have found their way into the garden.


Today was the first day I noticed the blossom on this spirea.


Yet another view of the bog garden.



I planted these daffodils last autumn in the tidied up drive edge. I wasn't sure if they would come up as they were a very cheap end of season bargain but I seem to have been lucky. The grasses that I planted in very cold weather have also survived the winter and should soon cover up those unsightly breeze blocks.
I'm off to Bristol tomorrow. Let's hope they don't decide that the tooth has to come out after all and that it only takes a couple of visits. At least it's the consultant doing the root canal filling and not the students.
Linas is home for the weekend. He rang early this morning to ask for a lift back from Barnstaple after work. It is hard to think that in only a few weeks he will have finnished his degree but he did do the first 2 years at the local college so he hasn't been away that long.

3 comments:

happyone said...

Good luck at the dentist tomorrow. I'll be thinking about you and saying a little prayer.
Your photos are lovely!

Domestic Executive said...

Fingers crossed about the dental appointment. I can't believe you're having to do this on my birthday!

Catching the Magic said...

Loving those daffodils! I really must plant some along our driveway with the girls... add to the 'to do' list! Good luck with the tooth x