Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 26 April 2009

Shirts Done.

Completed the 2 shirts for Romas, after an emergency dash to town to get some more white sewing thread, and also made one of the wardrobe curtains. I'm not a natural seamstress so I was quite pleased with myself. The other curtain will have to be washed first before I remake it with the new muslin. On the way to town a large hare ran ahead of the car for a while before turning into a field. Linas wasn't quite quick enough with the camera even though the hare stopped and looked at us for a moment.
It is so good to see the trees start to turn green. Compare this to the same tree last Sunday, not a leaf in sight.
We had some very heavy rain showers and I managed to catch that beautiful yellow light that sometimes happens just before the deluge.




My next door neighbour has been re-shaping his lake. He's got rid of the wet ground where the moorhens nested and made the banks much steeper. Instead he's made a small island which will keep the nests safe from marauding cats. Bad cats ! On the good side, one of my gang left a large (dead) rat on the doorstep this morning. Yuk!




1 comment:

happyone said...

I like how everything gets that color to it just before a storm.
I also like how the summer rain smells on blacktop.