Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 2 April 2009

Frosty Morning, Hot Afternoon.

'Chilly morning, warm later.' said the screen behind the tv weather man this morning , and that's exactly what we got. Down in our valley we had frost and the water I poured on the micra's windscreen to defrost the thin layer of ice, had frozen over by the time I was ready to leave.

There was a low mist bank rolling in from our neighbouring bit of moor keeping the temperature down.

Once I drove up the hill it was much sunnier and warmer though the morning was surprisingly chilly. By the afternoon it was almost hot and for their PE lesson I trooped my motley gang down onto the (real grass) field and let them loose with plastic rackets and balls. Never mind the somewhat boring, highly structured PE lesson plans we're supposed to be following. They had a wonderful time.
Funny moment in class - I'd put out some pastels along with our usual pencils, crayons and felt pens, for the children to use. One little boy, who doesn't do much drawing, remembered that I'd put out charcoal before and asked if they could have the charcoal as well. No reason why not though I didn't put out too much as I wanted to limit the potential for mess. Some children, (often boys) who really aren't into colouring with pencils or felt pens, really enjoy using the more vibrant and messy pastels and charcoal and today was no exception. My little friend who'd asked for the charcoal was enjoying covering whole sheets of paper with charcoal. After several trips to wash the worst of the charcoal from his hands he decided to colour his nose black. That did actually look really funny and made us all laugh. I went to the door to take a few photos of children being active outside (we have to put lots of photos in their profile documents) and when I turned back to the table, not just his nose but the whole of his lower face was covered with a big black charcoal beard. It was then a quick march to the sink and a few stern words as I scrubbed off the worst of the mess .
Tomorrow is the last day of term. Where has the time flown? I had another reply to my requests for my documentation but I'm waiting for 2 more places to reply and there are a few bits to come from my school but they've been extra busy with the end of the financial year and advertising for a new head teacher.

2 comments:

Domestic Executive said...

Oh your spring mornings are like our autumnal ones. It was might chilly here this morning.

Horror of horrors though I found a frozen rat by the chicken pen. No wonder the chooks were clucking so much with an intruder in their midst.

I didn't take a picture - that would be truly gross!

End of term already? My,how time flies!

Catching the Magic said...

Fabulous photographs of the mist rolling in - so atmospheric. Wishing you a wonderful 'break' (though I know you'll be so busy!).