Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 13 April 2009

Satisfaction.

I set off to Tescos armed with receipt, packaging and the lamb joint determined to get some compensation for that rotten meal. (I don't like confrontation.) The customer services lady was very sympathetic and immediately offered me £10 as well as a refund which I thought was fair enough. I accepted with a sigh of relief that I didn't have to start making a fuss, threatening to speak to the local paper etc. Maybe I could have got more compensation but that would have been greedy. On my way home I dropped in at the car boot sale at Pottington. It was the first of the season so there were only about 100 sellers, the field looked rather empty as usually there are 3 or 4 times that number. I bought a couple of army kit bags, big black holdalls that the seller, a squaddie from the local base I presume, assured me you could fit an adult in. Don't ask how he knew. Romas is always lugging drum kit stuff around, stands, cymbals etc so I thought they'd come in useful. I like the fact that as well as the usual handles they have straps to carry them like back packs. Cost for the 2 - £7 which I thought was reasonable.
Looking out over Crow Point across Bideford Bay towards Clovelly.

It's been a grey day with the rain arriving about an hour ago. I had several sessions in the garden and the following photos were part of an exercise called 'Things I can take photos of without moving off this chair.'









It's a challenging exercise especially when a fat black cat, (Patch), wants to come and sit on your lap.

3 comments:

Domestic Executive said...

Good to know Tescos did the right thing but it doesn't make up for a spoiled dinner for you.

happyone said...

Glad to hear you didn't get a hassle about the bad meat and they made things right.
Only 100 sellers! - that sounds like a lot!! :-)
A rainy day here too!

Julie said...

so sorry your lamb was bad and you didn't get chocolate! Glad that Tesco took it back and gave you a refund. I don't think the Tesco here would do that.
Beautiful pics!